November 25, 2012

My Project 1

Recently I joined a club, which is Toastmaster. When I was first being introduced of Toastmaster, I don't know what was it all about. I never heard of Toastmaster before. I thought it was a course for people to learn how to toast bread or something similar like that but it was not! So, toastmaster is a club for people like me who wants to improve on their public speaking skills and to overcome the fear of stage speech.

Last month, I attended their first meeting. I did my first project of stage speech in front of 15 strangers. All I have to do is to deliver my speech within the time count of 4-6 minutes. I can talk about anything but normally for the first time, you need talk about yourself as an introduction.

So, I did it. For the first time, I gave out my stage speech. To my surprised, I didn't expected that I was being evaluated as being the best newbie speaker afterwards! I was delighted.

I know that my current profession doesn't require such skill for me to advance. I needed it because I want to prove to myself that there are a lot of things that are certainly that I can achieve only if I am willing to do so. I may not needed the skill right now but it doesn't mean I don't get to use it in the future.

I wanted so much to do all the things which I do not dare to do previously and I'm gonna do it!


No comments: